RFHIC’s state of the art Gallium Nitride (GaN) on Silicon Carbide (SiC) power amplifiers (SSPA) and sub-systems can be used for various scientific and medical accelerator applications such as particle accelerators, proton accelerators, electron accelerators, linear accelerators, medium energy beam transport (MEBT), linear collider (IHC), and more. RFHIC’s broad product portfolio of SSPA’s and high power sub-systems can replace standard vacuum tubes (TWTAs, Klystrons, and Magnetrons) and provide easy system integration and precise power controllability. Products are operable from DC to 40 GHz with power capabilities up to multi-megawatts.
Markets & Applications
- Microwave Cargo Scanning
- X-ray beams from linear accelerators are used as a non-destructive method of inspecting and identifying goods in transportation systems. Enabling continuous processing of goods, increasing overall efficiency, and decreasing costs.
- Microwave Waste Sterillization
- High power accelerators can be applied to:
- Microwave sterilization of sewage sludge
- Microwave sterilization of decontaminated water
- Microwave sterilization of toxic substances in industrial wastewater and contaminated soil
- Pasteurization and Preservation of Foods
- an industrial procedure that uses low energy ionizing radiations from a linear accelerator to sterilize and preserve foods in a continuous and efficient manner.
- Irradiated Foods
- Modifying Polymeric Materials (Composite Materials)
- an industrial procedure that uses low energy radiation processes to modify polymers (composite materials)
- Cure Coatings
- Cure Adhesives
- Cure Inks on Paper
- Cure Plastics
- Cure Metal Substrates
- Microwave Beam Radiation – Radiotherapy
- a medical procedure that utilizes a linear accelerator to produce a high power x-ray beam to target and ablate cancer cells non-invasively.
- Microwave Medical Supply Sterillization
- a process that uses a linear accelerator to kill any pathogens, and or toxic chemicals from bulk medical supplies.
- Linear accelerators are used worldwide to better understand the fundamental aspects of nuclear reactions for various applications.
- Nuclear Fusion Power
- Nuclear Fusion Rockets
- Plasma Fusion Propulsion
- Non-Destructive Testing
- Ion Implantation of Semiconductors
- Ion Implantation of Metallurgy
- Pellet Fusion
- Photochemistry – Free Electron Lasers
- Isotope Production
- Nuclear Chemistry
If your specific application is not listed above, don’t hesitate to contact us!
Our engineering will be more than happy to develop a solution to best meet your technical requirements.